Monday, August 9, 2010

Art journal

I've been thinking a lot about art journaling a lot lately. I haven't been writing as much, and I need to fix that. At the same time, I've been moving towards being more visual, because I need to explore that side of my creativity more. I'm hoping if I can overcome inertia and start art journaling, I'll find a place for both word and image. It's funny, because for me writing revs me up, while collage relaxes. I wonder what will happen when the two meet.

When I read Tara Ross' article "How I Journal" in Somerset Studio (July/August 2010, is that great cover art or what?) recently, I was intrigued by her reference to a video on making easy journals. So I (finally) went to check it out. Good, good stuff. I need to explore that blog more, because I love Teesha's artwork.

Anyway, the video, so I don't loose the link... The Amazing 16-page Journal.

Also, if you go way down to the bottom of her blog and click the archive for November 2009, there are great videos on painting, collaging and lettering for journals.

No comments: