Monday, August 9, 2010

Splitcoast

So, a friend suggested that I check out Splitcoaststampers, as a place to share my papercrafting. I went a ahead and became a members, and then was immediate overwhelmed by how crappy my cards are as compared to some of the amazing work featured in their galleries. Because I'm like that. Anyway, today I finally went ahead and posted two cards, both a response to a color challenge.

The first was a sympathy card for my friend Angela, who recently lost her beloved cat, Ginger. They think it was a rattlesnake bite, of all things! Anyway, having lost a few dear cats myself, I wanted to let her know that I understood the hole left behind when a feline friend passes.

Of course, nothing went right when I tried to actually make the card. I played with the base for a while, trying to get something that looked right. Then my decorative scissors gave me trouble. Then I messed up the stamp. Oh well. At least she liked the card. And I really like the kitty cat and the layout.


Then I had a base or two left over. I decided that the colors would do very nicely for a friend's wedding I was attending that weekend. So I took the scraps, made some flowers and created a second card. I really like this one. Though I do need to keep tweezers around for when I work with tiny pieces like those little flowers and tiny dot centers.

No comments: